to install an old orthography Malayalam Unicode font which is required to read the posts below]
Prompted by a discussion with Deepika Editor - Jose Panthaplamthotty.
- no way to type തന്വി കണ്വന് പുണ്യം etc. The combination is 'chillable letter' + madyamam
- ta = ട, tta = റ്റ, Ta = ഠ, TTa = ട്ട is a lot confusing
- no unicode output
- output is slow; after some number of lines you won't see any output at all.
- once the output page is full, it won't automatically scroll with new input; not designed for text more than one page.
- no dictionary support for words like bus, english etc
- can't type samvr~thokaram eg: അതു്
- visargam example will not work
- ഋ sequence HRi is tedious and not intutive
- there are no equivalant sequences eg: yy = Y. so it will take more time to write in Malayalam
- no font conversion.
- no editing of already existing document
- special letter M required for anuswaram
- NTO output is wrong. The 'kettupulli' should be just before Ta.
- ", ' quote in the reverse way.
- need to type '*' in totally unnecessary places - snEham will become s*nEham